Saturday, February 11, 2012

Goa is the place (Part I)


Link for Part2

Link for Part3

I decided to go Goa, but none of my colleagues, friends liked my plan , without any advance hotel bookings, and then I decided, to check if I can roam all alone there. It’s a beach paradise in India, a long and rich colorful coastal line, means romantic beaches but I wanted to verify with own eyes, moreover I wanted to learn how I feel roaming alone for three days with no prior plans.

26th January, India’s Republic, a Thursday this year, a national holiday, so I took off for Friday (27th Jan) and left Bangalore on Wednesday night to stay there for 3 days and 2 nights, booked my tickets through KSRTC, reliable and easy I must say.

BLR to GOA:

KSRTC Volvo, Airavat (non sleeper). Travel date 25th January - 6:50 PM.

total travel time 12 hrs, boarded from majestic bus station, ticket cost ~1300 INR, since I booked only 3 days in advance, and it was the peak season, so its expensive lucky that I got the seat #2

GOA to BLR return (redbus)

Kadamba travels, Volvo (non sleeper). Travel date: 28 Jan – time 6:50 PM, Panjim. ticket cost 850INR, travel time 12hrs.

Because of usual traffic around Majestic area we actually started around 8 PM from BLR and reached Panjim at around 9AM, through Karwar- Mudgaon route.

@Panjim :

Panjim bus station, like any other Indian station, you will find crowded, messy, sellers, vegetables, fruits cold drinks, tea , coffee, everything. Using my hand made map for the places/beaches which I had planned to visit and could be covered in two days, I decide to go to Calangute beach first.

Taxiwala said 500 RS but I knew the place is only 15 kms so I took the local city bus which cost 10 rupees and I experienced real Goa from inside a packed minibus with locals, foreigners (some in beach wears, believe me), fisher women (with basket full of fresh fishes, smelly), tourists, students everybody was in, conductor’s (drunken) dress up, hair, beard & bandana his trembling legs and shivering hands, him running in loops from back gate to front door in out of the bus to collect ticket, plus the old Hindi romantic remixed loud songs, I enjoyed every second of my travel in bus.

near Goa University &Medical college
somewhere before Panjim
somewhere at Calangute

@Calangute Day 1
I reached around 10:30 AM and got a single room on rent @600Rs/Day in someone’s house, hardly 100 meters from the beach. The bathroom was clean, had ventilation, enough water, one bucket, one double bed, neat bed sheet & pillows, glowing Philips bulb, fan what else I need in Goa, got freshen up and went to the beach, rest you can see in photographs.


@Calangute beach
@Calangute beach
@Calangute beach
@Calangute beach
@Calangute beach
evening sun @Calangute
evening sun @Calangute , beautiful this was
walkers @Calangute
kite flying @Calangute
amazing footballer
@Calangute market


Calangute main circle, loved this place, tons of variety of bikers...
Highlights:
  • You can get rooms/houses on rent even if its peak season, no advance booking is a fun.
  • People, drink less water, beer tops the chart.  
  • Get a bike on rent.
  • Variety of restaurants/foods on the beach in the evening & market area.
  • Indian fellas please don't come with parents, because skin tanning is performed everywhere, only if you are very sure and comfortable, otherwise plan 'Vaishno Devi' or Somnath , visit. 
  • Strictly recommended for honeymooners, rest can follow too :)  
  • Shopaholics would love it too, beach wears, fashionable jewellery, tattoo  etc, I bought few packs of Kaju (cashew nuts), its famous for it as well, 50rs Reyban goggles.
  • Baga & Candolim beaches are adjacent to Calangute on either sides, a must visit for real  beautiful white sand and colors ,  water sports if you like, I didn't try water sports myself though. 
  • play football, frisbee, volleyball, cricket or other games on beach if you get a chance...
..more pics from anjuna, baga, candolim & other places in next post... PART2

Please leave your comments (good or bad) in my attempt, you can also click on this  Google's +1 button, it means a lot to me. 
~bd

15 comments:

  1. nice read.....we are thinking of doing goa soon...and we (me and the husband)love beach bumming!!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and liking my blog, Goa is beautiful and you will surely love its beaches!!

      Delete
  2. Nice blog Bhupi!! I think we all should visit Goa once again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyoti, great that you liked it, this has a Part2 as well, which i will publish this week. I am game for going again, check Sunil , Ravi A and decide the dates :) may me in March or April, bigger the group bigger the fun.

      Delete
  3. Nice read...I liked it Bhupen!
    amitaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello there,

    Very nice blog Keep up the fantastic piece of work, I read few blog posts on this website and I believe that your web site is really interesting.One suggestion for you should keep all this pics in one personalized photo books to make more attractive all the pics.Read More

    thanks & keep sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for visiting...u r suggestions well received. I will definitely create an album for my next blog in my next month's visit to Goa ...thanks again

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing these pictures with us . these are stunning . i like this post , Goa Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad to your BlogSpot information of Goa is a small state India but it is very beautiful, where you can explore its beaches, churches, ancient buildings and local markets. In Goa you will taste the best goa foods in the hotels and stay in the ideal resort to enjoy your vacations. You will avail the package by Shine India trip and enjoy the trip.
    Goa Honeymoon Tour Package

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this beautiful article , Thanks for sharing . This is awesome . Goa Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete

"D" and "K" said "we typed "daal" not "maal" may be an incorrect auto correction for a hindi word"

MCB quizzed actresses  'J' ,  'N' , 'D' and 'K', investigated their chats, grilled them , however until now,...